Chocolate Alchemy wants you to be happy with your purchase. We realize there are times when an item may become damaged during shipment or may not be exactly what you were expecting. We are here to help you resolve these issues as quickly and easily as possible.
Should you need to return or exchange an item, please thoroughly review this return policy, then contact us for assistance with your return.
Under no circumstances can we accept returns or give credit because you discover you do not like a product, but did not bother to sample it first. The reviews and tasting notes are for information only, and not a guarantee that you will taste what is in the notes or that you will like it. Please do not order wholesale amounts of beans without sampling them first.
Edible items (cocoa beans, butter, etc) are non-returnable. In the event edible items are damaged in transit, we will work with you to file a claim with the shipping company and also work with you to get replacement product out to you. Please do not just refuse a delivery. Damaged product should be retained for inspection and potential return. Please notify us ASAP and no longer than 7 days after receipt. Photograph any damage when it is discovered.
Damaged: In the event an item arrives damaged, please report the damage to us within 1 week and save the original packaging. Do not attempt to fix or correct any problems without authorization. In cases requiring a claim (Melangers and Roasters usually), we will request photographs of the items and their packing in order to file a claim. We reserve the right to replace damaged parts in lieu of full replacement or full return and refund. Smaller items (thermometers for instance) will be returned to Chocolate Alchemy or simply replaced at our discretion. Damaged items must be reported with 7 days of receipt. Returned and replaced equipment can only occur to and from the original shipping address
- Non-Damaged: In general, we do not accept returns on non-damaged equipment. If the product for some reason does not meet your expectations, please contact us about a return and we will make a case by case determination. Regardless, non-Defective returns will be subject to a 25% restocking charge, freight and reasonable refurbishment fees where applicable. All non-defective returns must be approved by Chocolate Alchemy.
- Contact us to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning any item for any reason. To ensure that your account is properly credited, do not return any merchandise without prior authorization from Chocolate Alchemy
- All returns must be in "as new" condition, unused, unaltered, and with all original packaging, hardware, instruction manuals, etc. Once an item has been used, it can no longer be accepted for return.
- No returned merchandise will be accepted after 30 days of purchase.
- The customer is responsible for return shipping costs. Chocolate Alchemy will send a prepaid return label if the return is due to an error on our part.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable. If an item being returned for credit originally qualified for free shipping, the actual shipping charges will be withheld from the amount refunded.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the shipping label. Failure to do so may substantially delay the processing of your credit and will result in a restocking fee.
- All returns will be inspected once they are received. Credit will not be issued for items which are returned in poor condition or have not been returned following the process outlined in this return policy. If your return is denied, the item may be returned back to you at your cost.
- Once your return has been received, inspected, and accepted by the warehouse, you will be issued a refund. Please allow 1-2 weeks for your return to be processed after it has been received by the warehouse.
- Chocolate Alchemy is not responsible for any returned merchandise that is lost during shipment. Make sure that all returned merchandise has a tracking number and is properly insured.
- Once you have been issued an RMA number, your return must be received by Chocolate Alchemy within 30 days. If the item is not received within this period, the RMA number will be canceled and we may be unable to accept the return. If Chocolate Alchemy chooses to accept your return after the 30-day time period has elapsed, a restocking fee will be assessed.
- All exchanges will be shipped to you once we receive your returned item at the warehouse. Should you wish to receive your exchange earlier, you may re-order the new item and request a refund for the original item once it has been received and processed by Chocolate Alchemy.
- If there is a difference in price between products being exchanged, we will charge or issue credit accordingly before shipping the new item.
- The customer is responsible for shipping charges on exchanged items unless the exchange is due to an error on our part.
- Chocolate Alchemy does NOT charge any restocking fees except as noted below.
- In the following cases, a 25% restocking fee will be assessed:
- Any item refused at time of delivery (other than items that were visibly damaged during shipment)
- Any item returned without an RMA number or with an invalid/expired RMA number
- Any item returned without an RMA number clearly visible on the shipping label
- Any returned item accepted beyond the 30 day return period
- Any item that is returned incomplete (missing any parts, manuals, etc) or in altered condition - - if such an item is not refused by the warehouse, it will be subject to a restocking fee to cover testing/repair/repackaging expenses
- Any item being returned as defective but proves to be in normal working condition
- Due to restrictions placed upon us by certain manufacturers, there may be certain items which are not returnable under any condition. If we are unable to accept returns for a specific item, this restriction will be posted in the product's item description and/or in this policy document.
- Chocolate Alchemy is unable to accept returns on custom made or special order items.